Have you ever wondered about the ages and real names of your favourite Ghanaian celebrities?
Out there, the celebrities are known for the names they present at stage. For example, Sarkodie is the name people known him for but he has a real name which several people have not even thought about.
Among these celebrities for which we are going to give you their real names are actors, musicians among others. Let’s start with the Obedi himself- King Sarkodie.
- Sarkodie is Michael Owusu Addo. He was born on July 10, 1985, making him 34-years old. His works in the industry have earned him numerous awards, including the Vodafone Ghana Music Award for Artiste of the Decade. He was named joint winner with Nigeria’s Wizkid as Best International Act (Africa) at the 2012 BET Awards held July 1, 2012, in Los Angeles.
- Shatta Wale is Charles Nii Armah Mensah Jnr. He was born on October 17, 1984, making him 34-years-old. To his success story, Shatta Wale has about 71 awards and produced a lot of hit songs. He is best known for his biggest breakthrough hit song “Dancehall King” which led to winning the Artiste of the Year at the 2014 edition of the Ghana Music Awards. He travelled to Jamaica to learn dancehall.
- Wendy Shay is Wendy Addo. She was born on February 23, 1996, making her 23-years-old. She is a Ghanaian Afro-Pop and Afrobeat singer who hails from Eastern Region of Ghana but however resides in Stuttgart, Germany. Her Uber Driver song cemented her career in the music scene.
- Stonebwoy is Livingstone Etse Satekla. He was born on March 5, 1988, making him 31-years-old. He is a Ghanaian Afropop, dancehall and reggae artiste. He is the CEO of Burniton Music Group. He won the Best International Act: Africa category at the 2015 BET Awards and Artist of the Year at the 2015 Ghana Music Awards.
- Joey B is Darryl Paa Kwesi Bannerman-Martin. He was born on August 20, 1989, making him 30-years-old. Joey B over the years has become not just a household name for mellow-vibe music but also his fashion style. In July 2015, the world’s eminent manufacturer of sports shoes, clothing and accessories; Adidas (Ghana) outdoor Joey B as their brand ambassador, making him the first in Africa.
- Efya is Jane Awindor. She was born on April 10, 1987, making her 32-years-old. She is a Ghanaian singer, songwriter, and actress from Kumasi. She is the daughter of Nana Adwoa Awindor, a filmmaker and celebrity host of the late television show Greetings From Abroad. Efya got her first exposure to fame when she participated in the maiden edition of the Stars of the Future talent show. She won the Best Female Vocal Performance category at the Ghana Music Awards in four successions. Her unique voice sells her out.
- MzVee is Vera Hamenoo-Kpeda. She was born on June 23, 1992, making her 27-years old. She is a Ghanaian singer, Afropop, dancehall and R&B artiste. Her debut solo album features several hit singles including ‘Borkor Borkor’, ‘Natural Girl’ and ‘Dancehall Queen’.