John Dramani Mahama who’s currently on the ticket of the largest opposition party, NDC as a presidential aspirant;
Is currently contemplating on whether to choose and outdoor Prof. Obiri-Danso as his running mate for the impending general elections come this 7th December 2020.
According to close source of the NDC who spoke to a staff of Gossips24.com, Professor Christian Kwasi Danso Obiri who’s presently the Vice-chancellor for the prestigious university KNUST;
Might be teaming up with John Mahama to take over- power from Akuffo Addo and his NPP administration come this year’s national elections.
The insider additionally added that; if all things should well, he would be officially unveiled as John Dramani Mahama’s running to the general public this coming Saturday.
Below are some little details of Professor Christian Kwasi Danso Obiri
- His full name is Christian Kwasi Obiri-Danso.
- He was appointed as Vice Chancellor of KNUST in 2016.
- His four-year tenure as a VC will end in 2020.
- He is the 12th KNUST Vice-Chancellor.
- He was the Provost of the KNUST College of Science.
- At the time of his appointment as VC, he was the Chairman of Kumasi Polytechnic Council and the National Nuclear Research Institute.
- He obtained his Bachelors Degree in Biological Science, and an M.Phil in Food Microbiology from the KNUST, before proceeding to Lancaster University in the United Kingdom, to earn a certificate in Modeling Duration Data and PhD in Environmental Microbiology/Environmental Health.
- He was a Teaching Assistant from 1987 to 1989, a lecturer from 1990 to 2000, a Research Assistant at the Institue of Environmental Sciences, Lancaster University from 1996 to 1999, a Senior Lecturer from 2000 to 2007, an Associate Professor from 2007 to 2014 and a Professor from 2014 to present.
- Before his appointment as VC, he was a member of KNUST’s Academic Board, Executive Committee and the Central Disciplinary Committee.