How To Apply For Birth Certificate in Ghana
How To Apply For Birth Certificate In Ghana
The Birth Certificate is a very necessary document needed by every Ghanaian should in case one wants to apply for a Ghana passport as well as Social Security, Medicaid, school enrollment, driver’s license, and even social services. Most importantly Birth Certificate is the basic identification document of every Ghanaian.
Today Gossips24 brings its readers how one can be able to apply for the Ghana birth certificate and get it within 14 working days.
WHAT IS A BIRTH CERTIFICATE?
A birth certificate can be said to be an official document issued to record a person’s Birth and identify them by name, place, date of birth, and parentage.
In Ghana, the Birth and Death Registry are the people who have been tasked with the handling of the birth and death registry system in Ghana under Act 301 of 1965.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED TO APPLY FOR BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- Clinical weighing card or Notification of birth card
- Baptismal Card
- Old birth certificate
- An affidavit from a parent( For people under the ages of 18)
PRICES FOR APPLICATION – Birth Certificate in Ghana
The price for applying for the birth certificate online and also in person is 50gh.
PROCEDURES TO APPLY FOR THE BIRTH CERTIFICATE ONLINE
- First visit the website eservices.gov.gh
- On the page click on the Birth Death and Marraige page
- On the next page click on the Register link been placed there after reading the options for new users.
- A oage would show after which would require you to fill up a form with your basic information including name and gender.
- After a successful completion of the forms an OTP message would be senyt to the email adress that was used so please use the right email adress you have sccess to and can remember the password.
- Confirm your email by opening your mail for the message sent
- Again visit the eServices website againand click on Birth and Death Certificate
- Now fill in the forms with your scanned documents that are needed and click apply
NB: Applicants would be made to make payment because the whole process can be done
Sample of Ghana Birth Certificate;