Anthony Joshua Gets Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November
Anthony Joshua gets Re-match With Andy Ruiz In November, following his defeat at Madison Square in New York on Saturday.
Recall we reported earlier that American-born Mexican Ruiz produced one of the biggest shocks in heavyweight boxing history to take Joshua’s IBF, WBO and WBA world heavyweight titles in New York on Saturday.
The Nigerian born British fighter Joshua, 29, was floored four times as Ruiz defied his underdog status to win in seven rounds at Madison Square Garden. The London 2012 Olympic champion subsequently had a concussion test after the first defeat of his 23-fight career.
It was learnt that a rematch clause was part of the contract for the fight.
Fight promoter Eddie Hearn who confirmed that Anthony Joshua will be having a re-match with Andy Ruiz, said the clause had been triggered on Tuesday after talks.
He wrote on Instagram;
After meetings with AJ, Rob Mc[Cracken – Joshua’s trainer] and the management team in NY, we have today triggered the contracted rematch clause with Andy Ruiz Jr. The fight will take place in Nov/Dec at a venue to be confirmed shortly.
The new champion, who was born in the United States but fights under the Mexican flag, has previously said he will take a rematch at any time.