LEAKED: Highlights of NDC Manifesto
Ghana’s largest opposition party, the National Democratic Congress (NDC), will today, Monday, September 7, 2020, launch its manifesto for the upcoming December 2020 elections.
The rescheduling, the party said, was to enable its National Executive Committee and Council of Elders to approve the policy principles and strategies promised in the manifesto.
Though the NDC’s unsuccessful 2016 bid to the presidency was prosecuted under the theme Changing Lives Transforming Ghana, the theme for the 2020 manifesto, as well as its key policy statements, remain under wraps ahead of its manifesto launch.
However, ahead of the launch, Ghana’s comprehensive news portal – Gossips24.com has received key highlights of the manifesto from a very close source to the opposition party.
Check it our from below…
- All national service personnel who wish will be employed permanently after service.
- Compulsory retirement scheme for informal sectors.
- One school at each district will offer technical and agriculture course
- All formal sectors will enjoy cup 30 retirement scheme.
- Teachers will get clothes, accommodation and transportation allowance 10% each , in all 30% salary increase.
- Free education from KG to SHS, No admission fee at nursing, teaching and technical college/Universities
- Double road linking all region capitals
8.Allowance for assembly members and elections of DCC
9.. Computer and science lab for all schools from basic to tertiary
- One District, One State Farm and processing factory
- Loan scheme for local manufacturers, business men and women, reduction of taxes.
12) Complete all abandoned projects
13) Reintroduction of Free fertilizers and seedlings to farmers
14) Dualize Accra to Aflao, Cape Coast, Kumasi roads.
15) National Apprenticeship Program: 100,000 Youth to Benefit with monthly Stipends
16) Free Primary Health Care for children and the aged
17) Agenda 1million jobs for the youth.
18) BIG Push: $10Billion Infrastructure Program
19) Reverse the privatisation of the Kotoka International Airport
18) End insecurity, impunity, lawlessness and sanitize the security services
19) Legalize Okada business
20) Restore the integrity of Electoral Commission, National Security and Judiciary.
21) Operation Sting to fight corruption
22) Protect the Citizenship of all Ghanaians and treat all Tribes equally.
23) Double the capacity of 37 Military Hospital
24) Construct two international-standard Infectious Diseases Centres.
25) Establish two additional international research centres.
26) Establish a National Infectious Disease Response Plan.
27) Make Ghana safe for journalists.
28) Pay all depositers of all banks collapsed by the Nana Addo NPP government including Mensgold
29) Build Regional Hospitals in all the Newly created Regions
30) Build Technical Universities in all the newly created Regions.
31) Free Technical & Vocational Education.
32) Cancel Teacher National Service program introduced by Nana Addo NPP government and ensure automatic postings for teachers
33) Cancel Teacher Licensure Exams.
34) Continue the Payment of Teachers & Nurses allowances
35) Cancel the double track system in the free SHS to ensure quality education
36) Increase Cocoa producing price in the first cocoa season and also build Cocoa Processing Factory
37) Free duty for all commercial Cars
38) Drastically Reduce the size of ministers in government
39) Pay Assembly men monthly allowance
40) Establishment of State farms in all districts.